Related Articles


Related Categories


Recently Added


Join Today

It's always free and anyone can join!

Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now

Colleges In Denmark For International Students

Ethel Said:

Best educational plan for international student applying to University in the U.K. or Northern Europe?

We Answered:

I am an American in Europe (have lived in Sweden, Scotland and now Norway).

It is good that you are doing junior college in the US. Most European universities require at least one year higher education from US students, because they don't consider high school graduation requirements stringent enough. However, it is unlikely that these credits will count towards a university degree here, only towards starting university without extra coursework first.

If you want to study undergraduate in Sweden or Denmark, you must prove your fluency in a Scandinavian language. There are no undergrad programs in English in Sweden, although you can do a one-year exchange program and take English courses. There are Masters and PhD programs in English, though. Denmark only has a few undergrad programs in English.…

There is no tuition fee in Sweden, and tuition is low in the UK (I'm not sure about Denmark, but there's no tuition in Norway either). However, as a foreign student, you must prove beforehand that you have the funding for living expenses your entire time here. You are allowed a part-time work permit, but finding work in Sweden and Denmark without language fluency is very difficult.

The easiest plan would be to get a bachelor's degree in the US, and then continue your education in Europe. This would give you the most options and the most freedom.

The following links should help you with more information:……

It is also possible to study for UK university credits by distance. The Open University is highly regarded, and a real option to start your education.

Wallace Said:

I heard that colleges in Norway is free...?

We Answered:

There are no tuition fees in Norway for public universities, including international students. You pay a semester fee (up to ~$100) and for books. A few Master's programs charge fees, but they are far less than in the US.…

Norwegian schools generally aren't taught in English though. If you study for a Bachelor's, you have to pass a Norwegian language test called Bergenstesten. It takes most people at least a year of Norwegian study to pass the test. You also need a year of higher education (past US high school) in order to meet entry requirements. You can do a 1-year exchange program from your US university in English, and there are many Master's available in English that drop the language requirement.

In order to get a residence permit from the Migration Board, you have to show you can pay living costs (which are expensive!). Their web site has changed and I don't see an updated amount, but it was 81.400 NOK/$12,500 per school year in 2008. You have to provide proof of savings, loans/grants, scholarships etc to cover that amount.…

Transfers aren't really possible. Universities here are very different from US schools. In the US, people have majors and sometimes minors, and study things outside their main subject area. Here, degrees are much more focused and Bachelor's programs are only 3 years. Universities are standardized and give a solid education. They aren't top ranked in Europe or anything, but they're good (particularly in engineering subjects, energy, geology, environmental studies, etc).

So if you don't already speak Norwegian, it would be easier to do an exchange program with your home university, or wait until you graduate and do a Master's here.…

Edgar Said:

Best educational plan for international student applying to University in the U.K. or Northern Europe?

We Answered:

I am not really sure what your question is regard in "best educational plan" but as an international adviser for students interested in studying in Europe, I can tell you that you are not wasting your time at all. You have a few options but I think the easiest thing for you would be to finish your studies in the US. First off, American university degrees carry a lot of weight when you go overseas and so you will have that in your favor. Plus, if your ultimate goal is to go to a European university, if you have an undergraduate degree, you can check on various options for masters and PhD level work. A big thing you will get is a chance to get free studies or funding so that your education will cost you nothing. You want to make sure you try and avoid anything expensive so that if you need loans to have a flat and purchase food and money for expenses, you can take out some US government loans to supplement your education. That way you will have smaller loans and graduate with less debt.

As for studying in the UK, Sweden or Denmark it is incredibly competitive. I know that there are students who spend an extra year in high school to improve their chances of getting into universities. Plus, you are looking at having to learn Danish or Swedish if you do decide to go to the non-English universities. My advise would be to finish your studies in the US and then look for your options in Europe. There are many opportunities once you are done with your undegrad degree.

Discuss It!

Travel Pulau Pramuka said:

working in the field connected with tourism is at desperate desire excellent abilities. working work site is extremely appropriate i think that an professional in the field of journey plus enjoyment.

Pulau Tidung said:

executing work within the field connected with tourism is at desperate desire excellent abilities. working function site is extremely appropriate in my opinion that an expert in the field of take a trip.

uk replica watches replica watches uk said:


check here said:

Nowadays everyone wants to watch online videos and movies. No one has much time to download the video and watch

happy veterans day images said:

Amazing One said:

Amazing post said:

KFC guest experience survey is the official survey carried out directly by the Kentucky Fried Chicken