Are you looking for ways to improve your study habits? Do you want better grades? StudyUp can help you study smarter. You get unlimited space to upload your notes. You can use StudyUp to search for, invite, and network with your Study Buddies. Live feeds give you instant updates when Buddies add notes! Best of - it's all FREE! Sign Up Today!
- Careers in Science
- Careers in Medicine
- Careers In Nursing
- Careers in Engineering
- Careers in Accounting
- Math Online
- Math Lessons
- Student Jobs
- Student Loans
- Student Accommodation
- Student Finance
- College Students
- High School Students
- International Students
- Student Houses
Join StudyUp.com Today
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
Student Accommodation Brussels
Need Student Accommodation Brussels Study Help?
StudyUp can help improve your grades by enabling you to store all of your notes online, and network with other students - all for FREE!
Naomi Said:What is Beglium, Brussels like? Am thinking of studying Uni there?
We Answered:Working as student is no problem but it can be a bit complicated :-)
- the first 6 months in a year you work as student, you can get a work-contract as student. If you work longer, you are a "normal" employee.
- as student you must have the same wage as another employee of the same age and the same level in the company.
- if the company has no collective agreement with wage-levels, you must earn the minimum wage in Belgium. That is around 8.46 euro / hour or 1390 euro / month (that is if you work 38 hours / week).
If you are 20 years old, this is 94% of these amount, for a 19 years old it is 88%
- on your wage you have to pay 13.07 % social security (except if you work as au-pair for max. 8 hours/week, if you work in a social-cultural organisation for max. 25 days/year, or as seasonal workman at a farm)
- you also have to pay taxes if you earn more than 6690 euro/year
For jobs you can go to a interim-office like Adecco, Creyf's, Konvert, Manpower, Randstad,...
Maybe there is also a job service at the university itself.
Students in Belgium traditionally live at rooms in private student houses or in studenthomes from the university itself. But these days more and more people rent a studio, or a normal appartment or house to share with others. I dont know about the ULB but most universities can help with this, and for international students they sometimes have a special service.
About Brussels: it is an international city, with a lot of pubs, bars, restaurants, clubs, theatres, concert halls,... so that is no problem for a student ;-)
Beside that of course you have different historical city around, like Mechelen, Leuven, Antwerpen, Mechelen, Brugge,... and also Paris, Amsterdam, London, Koln,... are only 2 hours highspeed train trip away!
Terrance Said:What is Beglium, Brussels like? Am thinking of studying Uni there?
We Answered:you placed this question in Australia
may have to redo your question
Paket Pulau Tidung said:
doing work in the field connected with tourism is within desperate want excellent skills. working work site is usually incredibly appropriate in my experience that an expert in the field of trip.
Wisata Pulau Harapan said:
doing work in the field associated with tourism is within desperate wish excellent skills. working work site can be incredibly appropriate in my opinion that an professional in the field of travel and leisure.
You have written on a very good topic. I really liked this. I am book marking your page for the new interesting blog. Keep share you more blog. Good Work. Keep it up.