Related Articles


Related Categories


Recently Added


Join Today

It's always free and anyone can join!

Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now

Student Finance Gov

Regina Said:

where can i apply for stundent Finance England ?

We Answered:…

this should help you, it may come up as that you are registered because UCAS,
if it continues tell your teachers or ring the studentfinance company.

your teachers are there to help you with this so dont be scared to ask them.
best thing to do would be finding a teacher whose responsible for sixth form/a-level students
and ask them for help

April Said:

What email should I be searching for?

We Answered:

The easiest way would probably be to ring them, if you can ever get through. Because at least then you'll get a direct reply instead of having to wait for a reply from them. =)

Brandy Said:

When applying for a univeristy student loan, what do you put if your household income is variable?

We Answered:

You might show what the approximate yearly income would be. Check the last few income tax statements and show the fluctuation by including the income ranges. If they want monthly, divided each figure by 12 and show those amounts. Include a note to explain the variances.

Dennis Said:

Dear university students, or people planning on going to uni in September 2009...?

We Answered:

I'm going into my third year now but as I recall, my parents needed to send in a letter from the jobcentre stating how much they had had in benefits for the previous tax year. The letter needed an official jobcentre stamp. The next year, when they were self employed and on tax credits, they needed to send in their tax credits award letter and my dad's business accounts to show how much he earnt.

It's not really a case of sending in one less piece of evidence and then getting a certain amount less - either they have enough to show you are on a certain income, or they don't. If they don't, you will end up with thousands less per year in grants than you would be entitled to. So you need to make sure they have everything they need.

Basically, student finance are completely disorganised and incredibly frustrating to deal with. I, and everyone I know, has had endless problems with them. They seem to find it particularly difficult to deal with incomes that aren't based on full time jobs, so anything involving benefits, tax credits etc seems to take forever to sort out. The best advice I can give is to call them - I have never found them to be bad in terms of customer service, and often the best way is to talk to a real human being, who can see your whole file on the computer, and just go through it until you are absolutely clear on what needs to be done. They may extend the period needed to provide evidence, or you may need to physically go to your nearest LEA office and give them the evidence to photocopy - I've needed to do that before. Emails and that 'ask a question' function just prolong it and have the potential for more confusion - give them a call right now. Oh, and don't give up if they take ages to answer, I've been on hold for an hour before and then cut off! The whole thing is really annoying but just has to be done, unfortunately. Good luck!

Marilyn Said:

Funding for Going Back To University UK?

We Answered:

Consider a professional and career development loan. Check sources for more info. Unfortunately, it is unlikely you will be able to qualify for Student Finance as you had already borrowed from them.. but I'm unsure as you do not have a first degree strictly speaking. Double check with them to make sure:

Student finance: 0845 300 50 90 (Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 8.00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm)

Last, but not least, there is a charity to help young, single mums like you to get into training and development, called Family Action:

Check final source for Application Form for a grant. They can assist with things such as cost of childcare, travel & books etc.

Good luck

Beatrice Said:

Funding for Going Back to University?

We Answered:

If you are in arrears then you would not be entitled to Finance until this has been paid off. Did you enter that you had received Finance before on the calculator?

If you are not, all students are eligible for 3 years support plus 1 extra year less any previous study years.

New course = 3yrs plus 1 year = 4 - 3 yrs previous study = 1 year full support. However, as you said your year on the BA ended because of personal reasons (you may have to prove why), you may get that 1 year back. That means you'd have 2 years to complete your BA.

Hope that helps, and good luck : )

Patsy Said:

how can i apply for stundent finance ?

We Answered:

If you have filed a FAFSA application in the past then you will already be registered in the system. You will need to find your ID and password to log into your existing online profile account.

If your school or college helped you complete your FAFSA then they may have access to the details you need.

For information about school and college grants, visit

Discuss It!

Paket Pulau Pari said:

executing work within the field associated with tourism is at desperate need excellent abilities. working function site is extremely appropriate in my experience that an expert in the field of journeying.

Paket Pulau Pramuka said:

doing work in the field associated with tourism is at desperate want excellent capabilities. working function site is extremely appropriate i think that an professional in the field of trip and enjoyment.

best essay service au said:

The Student Finance Gov have shown here again about how excellent everything's going to become afterwards. I am anticipating something extravagant to happen. Something which isn't as usual as we're open to.

ABC said:

<a href="">ABC</a>