Related Articles


Related Categories


Recently Added


Join Today

It's always free and anyone can join!

Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now

Gov Student Loans

Cassandra Said:

Student loan help!! What kind of gov't aid or student loans will I qualify for...?

We Answered:

You can not get financial aid (including loans) if you have more than 150% of hours required to get that specific degree.

Most programs at community colleges are around 60 credit hours. 150% of that is 90 credit hours. Since you have a bachelors degree, with at least 120 hours, you are over. No, you can't get any kind of federal aid (loans, grants) to do any type of program at a community college.... even if you had never taken out aid before.

You might have better luck going to a 4 year school... at least the max number of hours attempted is higher... 150% of a 124 hour bachelors degree program is more in your range...

The problem with that is, you aren't going to find too many (if any) 4 year schools with a dental hygene program.

What about getting a masters degree in Medical Admisnistration, or something else? Go UP in your educaitioal attainment goals, not down and you WILL be able to get finanical aid to go.

Terri Said:

My student loans (private and gov) are now in default and with collection agencies. ?

We Answered:

Unfortunatly the student loans are not included in the bankruptcy. Lots more people would be declaring bankruptcy if they were!

Georgia Said:

if you owe gov money (student loans). can they freeze your account, if they are taking your gst & tax refunds?

We Answered:

What do you intend to do, lie about it when they ask you what your source of income is? And where the settlement went? Because to do so is fraud, and could get you arrested. They can find the money that you received, hiding the proceeds in a box is just a stupid way to manage your funds. If need be, they will get a court order to open the safety deposit box.

If they have a judgment against you for non payment of the student loans, it's already gone beyond where you can control it. You now have to pay up as per the judge's order.

Wendy Said:

can my wife get financial aid or student loans if she has a degree already?

We Answered:

Yes, she can get financial aid and student loans. I have a bachelor's degree, am getting a second bachelor's degree, and I have found that I can get student loans and scholarships. I'm not eligible for some grants, but your wife doesn't have a bachelor's degree yet, so she probably still is eligible for federal and state grants. She should talk to the financial aid office of the school she wants to go to. They should be able to give her a lot of information about what she would be eligible for. Also, there is the FAFSA online that she should go ahead and fill out for free, and send it to any school that she might apply to. This will help get the ball rolling.

Tyrone Said:

Does anyone know if I will be receiving a tax rebate check? I owe the Gov for student loans!?

We Answered:

No creditors are NOT allowed to to attach your tax refunds. I have tons of stuff in collection and I have gotten a refund every year from taxes. Now as to Student Loans I don't know. They should have told you all of this when you did your taxes. OR did you do your taxes at home?

Brandy Said:

how do i find out if my tax refund got picked up by student loans, because the said it was deposited?

We Answered:

Call Financial Management Services at 1-800-304-3107 they are the Agency that directs the IRS to Offset for Federal and State debts.

Banks do not always post the refund on the date that the IRS releases them you need to check with your bank on Monday to see if they posted it.

There is an offset indicator on your account with the IRS, The IRS can not tell a taxpayer who they owe or what amount is being offset until FMS processes the offset

FMS will send you a notice if an offset occurs. The notice identifies your original refund amount, your offset amount, the agency receiving the payment, and the address and telephone number of the agency. The IRS will not be informed of the agency receiving the offset but FMS will notify us of the amount taken from your refund. Contact the agency shown on the notice if you believe you do not owe the debt or you are disputing the amount taken from your refund. Contact the IRS only if your original refund amount shown on the FMS offset notice differs from the refund amount shown on your tax return.

Discuss It!

Paket Pulau Pari said:

working in the field associated with tourism is in desperate desire excellent abilities. working function site is very appropriate for me that an professional in the field of journey plus acumen.

Travel Pulau Pari said:

doing work in the field related to tourism is at desperate desire excellent skills. working work site is very appropriate for me that an expert in the field of journey.

term paper writing service said:

I think we all have to promote these kind of amazing steps which is taken by local govt for their students. Now any one can apply for some amount for only education purpose.

The Appsmiths Reviews said:

Hi Cassandra, I think government Loans is the easy and most suitable option for the students who have the financial issue to continue their study. In this post, writer clears some questions which every student have in mind before taking loans. I think these answers help them to take a decision.

Best Kornati Islands Tour said:

Amazing information about schools and colleges for children. This must be applicable for each education level.

whatsapp said:

Best portal for study.